Naveen Jonathan, Ph.D., Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist #46703
I am a Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist and Educator in Orange County. I work with a diverse range of couples, families, children/adolescents and individuals from a systemic relational perspective. I work from a Solution-Focused perspective, assisting clients to find solutions to their problems, while noting and building awareness of strengths, exceptions and differences in their lives. I work collaboratively with clients to set and monitor goals in treatment.
Populations I have experience working with include, but are not limited to:
- Couples negotiating their relationship.
- Couples seeking relationship maintainence.
- Couples seeking pre-marital counseling.
- Couples seeking to promote gender equality in their relationship.
- Children/Adolescents and their families who are dealing with academic and behavioral issues.
- Clients who identify as elders and their family system.
- Clients and their families dealing with a medical illness.
- Clients who are dealing with the stressors of immigration and acculturation.
- Clients who have dealt with discrimination based on their identity.
- Clients who are dealing with issues of faith/spirituality.
- Clients that identify as LGBTQ.
- Clients who identify as college/university students.
- Clients who are making work/career transitions.
I am an active member of the American Association of Marriage & Family Therapy (AAMFT) and the California Association of Marriage & Family Therapy (CAMFT). I currently supervise Emmanuel Romero, MA, Registered Marriage & Family Therapist Intern #100549. I also am an AAMFT Approved Supervisor and provide Supervision of Supervision for AAMFT Approved Supervisor Candidates.
Emmanuel Romero, MA, Registered Marriage & Family Therapist Intern #100549
I received my master’s degree from Chapman University where I began working with Individuals, children, adolescents, couple’s, and families. I am a member of AAMFT, American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists. My experience includes:
- Working with couples wanting to become closer or considering separating.
- Helping families who have been impacted by divorce
- Helping families become closer, helping families through life transition, family conflict.
- Helping individuals overcome anxiety, Post-traumatic stress disorder, substance abuse addiction, depression, among others.
- Helping people get through difficult stages of life such as loss of a loved one, grief, break-ups.
- Helping those facing academic problems, school stress, peer-related issues, job stress, financial stress, issues with discrimination, adapting to a new lifestyle.
- Collaborating with people exploring self-identity, building independence, self-esteem, confidence, finding fulfillment and joy.
I take a collaborative approach in helping clients achieve their goals. With this approach, I can help clients find ways they can overcome challenges in life using their inborn unique strengths.