Naveen Jonathan, Ph.D., Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist #46703
I am a Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist and Educator in Orange County. I work with a diverse range of couples, families, children/adolescents and individuals from a systemic relational perspective. I work from a Solution-Focused perspective, assisting clients to find solutions to their problems, while noting and building awareness of strengths, exceptions and differences in their lives. I work collaboratively with clients to set and monitor goals in treatment.
Populations I have experience working with include, but are not limited to:
- Couples negotiating their relationship.
- Couples seeking relationship maintainence.
- Couples seeking pre-marital counseling.
- Couples seeking to promote gender equality in their relationship.
- Children/Adolescents and their families who are dealing with academic and behavioral issues.
- Clients who identify as elders and their family system.
- Clients and their families dealing with a medical illness.
- Clients who are dealing with the stressors of immigration and acculturation.
- Clients who have dealt with discrimination based on their identity.
- Clients who are dealing with issues of faith/spirituality.
- Clients that identify as LGBTQ.
- Clients who identify as college/university students.
- Clients who are making work/career transitions.
I am an active member of the American Association of Marriage & Family Therapy (AAMFT) and the California Association of Marriage & Family Therapy (CAMFT). I currently supervise Emmanuel Romero, MA, Registered Marriage & Family Therapist Intern #100549. I also am an AAMFT Approved Supervisor and provide Supervision of Supervision for AAMFT Approved Supervisor Candidates.
Emmanuel Romero, MA, Registered Marriage & Family Therapist Intern #100549
I am a bi-lingual, Spanish speaking Marriage & Family Therapist Registered Intern working towards Licensure under the supervision of Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist, Naveen Jonathan. I am a member of AAMFT, American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists as a Pre-Clinical Fellow.
I received my master’s degree from Chapman University where my passion began for working with couples, families, children, and adolescents. I focus on helping families and couples who want to improve their relationships, including couples struggling to communicate and couples wanting to take their relationship to the next level. I also help children and adolescents overcome challenges, and develop their unique inborn strengths in their journey towards adulthood.
I take a collaborative approach in my work. Our therapeutic relationship is important for therapy to be successful, which is why I encourage an open dialogue between us to find what works best in helping you reach your goals.
Recibí mi Maestría en terapia Matrimonial y Familiar en la Universidad de Chapman en Orange County, CA. Ofrezco servicios terapéuticos a la comunidad hispana. Mis servicios consisten en ayudar a familias a mejorar su comunicación, a parejas que se encuentren al borde del divorcio y que deseen mejorar su relación. También ayudo a personas adolecentes, y niños atravesando por etapas difíciles de la vida como acoso, estrés, perdida de un ser querido, nervios, baja autoestima, o depresión.
Soy miembro preclínico de AAMFT, la Asociación Americana de Terapeutas Matrimoniales Y Familiares. Soy interno en terapia matrimonial y familiar avanzando en el proceso de obtener mi licencia. Sirvo terapia bajo la licenciatura y supervisión de Naveen Jonathan, quien es licenciado en terapia matrimonial y familiar.